Sunday 11 April 2010

AND we're back. A summary of Spring Break

Hello everyone,

I am sorry for the long break in my blogging; we have been on a gloriously long spring break here at Cardiff Uni. It was really a great break, and not really a break at all. I learned a lot and was constantly busy (and often stressed). Our journey started in North Wales for a week long study group trip. It was magnificently organized by Professor Geier and everyone had a wonderful time eating our way across our beloved host country. Next, I set off with 6 study group mates, Sammy, Laura, Maria, Caitie, Ken, and Casey, to Portugal. We arrived in Faro, went to Lagos, tanned (so to speak) on the beach, then bussed up to Lisbon, the capital. 4 of our group mates jetted off to France, one went back to the UK to meet with her family, and another went to Turkey with her mom a few days later. I met up with Jackie and her wonderful family in Heathrow in London, then took a bus, a subway, a train, and another bus to Keswick in the Lake District. There, we hiked for several days and enjoyed the magnificent scenery (through the rain). Then Jackie went to meet the France contingent in Switzerland and I went home to Cardiff to meet up with my mom and my aunt. We drove around to Gloucester and Stratford-upon- Avon, both beautiful towns, the former boasting a filming spot for Harry Potter, the latter, the birthplace of Shakespeare. Then it was back to Cardiff and a pile of homework for me.

Whenever I need a break from my labors I will flesh out the story of my spring break even more, but for now, I better get to work. It was an absolute treat to travel with just my study group mates; we had fun wherever we went and we all had a wonderful time. As incentive to tune back in, there will be lots of stories about our penny pinching attempts, green wine confusion, burnt feet, failed portugese diet, tram roller coasters, epic blizzards, passover hiking, a quest for a non-existent t-shirt, and much more.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment