Monday 19 April 2010

Meet the Group Mondays! Featuring: Maria Baimas-George!


Hello!

Time to take a brief break from the North Wales adventure to introduce.... MARIA!

Name: Maria Baimas-George

Major: Biology

Likes: animals, especially homeless ones, wine, reading, coffee, coloring/ drawing, collage making, Gladiator, Harry Potter, sports (rugby, football, everything!)

Dislikes: tomatoes, Lets Go Europe (aka the bible), and not much else

Interesting things about Maria:

Maria has joined the Korfball team here in Cardiff. For those of you who dont know what korfball is, its a dutch game and is a lot like American basketball. She has thrown herself into it completely and practices every wednesday with the team even though the practices are intense and there is a weird mean old guy. She is going to Amsterdam for a tournament with the team!

Maria can get a tan line in literally 5 minutes. Must be because of her Greek heritage. We were all green with envy in Portugal. Actually we were red because we were sunburned.

She loves to give people nicknames: Sammy is Sam, Jackie is Jack or Jack attack, I am Call or OE... actually she just shortens everyone's name to one syllable.

She reads books INCREDIBLY fast, and loves the longest, fattest books she can find. No wonder she loves Harry Potter so much!

Maria drinks wine with every meal- family tradition! She also eats really fast, though apparently she has slowed down considerably since freshman year. Jackie told me about Maria's legendary speed eating.

Maria loves doing random acts of kindness beyond just feeding stray dogs and being friendly to everyone. When someone is feeling blue, she is the best person around to cheer them up. When Caitie decided not to go to Paris this past weekend because of the Volcanic Ash Cloud of doom, Maria bought her a crosant from a bakery to make her feel better.

How I met Maria:

Maria "met" me through Spencer, our mutual friend. What I mean is, she learned about me and decided she liked me before I even met her ( which is lucky for me that it wasnt the other way around!!) She kinda freaked me out when we officially met, because it seemed she already knew me really well. Now we do know each other really well, and I hope she still likes me as much as she liked the idea of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment